Sunday, July 31, 2016

Dear Jerry, A Birthday Letter For The Man That Changed My Life.

Dear Jerry, A Birthday Letter For The Man That Changed My Life. 


Dear Jerry, 
Happy birthday Jerry Garcia! Your song certainly has not ended and as far as I can tell it's just getting started. I still think about you everyday and I am so grateful I do. Your voice is still the only one that can calm me down and put the absurdity of life in proper perspective. This year was not as exciting as the big GD50 madness, but your spirit was even more alive. Don't laugh at me, but Bobby has now added more to your legacy than he took away with those damn Furthur Festivals. He finally did something crazy enough that it worked. I wish you were here still! These kids need to hear your peace and see your music. As for me I am still clean off Heroin. My life was so fucked up on that shit it makes my heart ache to think what you could have accomplished without so many gorillas on your back. Or If things did not get out of hand or the demands of the band did not milk you to death. I try and share your spirit but I fail to damn much. I want to thank you once again for trying to get clean. Is that not just like life? Go to rehab and it kills you. Well we both know ain't nothing fair about life. I just hope love does not forsake us in the days that lie between. I know y'all are having one hell of a party tonight. Y'all added some talented members to the band. Have fun partying like it's 1999 and thanks you for my moral compass. I am still all mixed up but I know what's right. You bestowed that gift on my magical night. I entered Soldier Field a punk kid and left with empathy and love in my heart. Thanks for leaving so many roads to ease my soul. 
Love you, 
Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment