Tuesday, November 8, 2016

New to You-Tube is Phish's Show from Assembly Hall From 20 ago today

New to You-Tube is Phish's Show from Assembly Hall 
From 20 ago today 
 
      When I woke up this morning I never imagined I would get a pleasant surprise. A phish show from my second favorite Phish tour appeared on YouTube. A show that I attended and still hold dear in my many show memories. I love America! 
     The whole show is a highlight. They encored with "Theme from the bottom" and everything that preceded it is certified hold. The 2001>Maze that opened the second half is especially Phishy. Enjoy! 
Kevin


Watch Phish’s performance at Assembly Hall from twenty years ago today:

11/08/1996 Assembly Hall, University of Illinois

Set 1: Runaway Jim,  Axilla >  All Things Reconsidered >  Mound,  Down with Disease > Prince Caspian,  Reba,  Golgi Apparatus,  Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra >  Maze,  Bouncing Around the Room >  Simple,  Loving Cup,  Mike's Song,  The Star Spangled Banner,  Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Theme From the Bottom

Trey had equipment problems in Simple, so Loving Cup (“I know I play a bad guitar”) was played next. Simple included a Cecilia tease. ATR was played for the first time since July 1, 1995 (108 shows) and Axilla was played for the first time since October 16, 1994 (170 shows).

Setlist via Phish.net

    No comments:

    Post a Comment